Every woodwork shop needs its own saw. You cannot work without one. If you are a woodwork enthusiast or a professional woodworker then you should consider a Miter Saw for your woodwork business because with the help this saw you can make cuts at specific angles. These specific angled cuts are possible because its blade is on top of it that can move right or left. This saw is basically used in cutting frames for pictures, frames for doors, crown molding and more. These saws come in many variations, they are the following:
They can move their blades right or left to make angled cuts—they can incline in a single way for beveled cuts. These are especially useful for crown molding as well as picture frames. Basically, anything that needs angled cuts would need them.
- Sliding compound:
They can do anything that compound types can do, except they have a sliding mechanism attached to the blade which can allow the blade to move backward as well as forwards. The cutting length is greatly increased as compared to others.
- Dual compound:
They are similar to compound miter saws but the only difference between the two is that these can tilt in both directions, unlike a compound Miter Saw which, can only tilt in one specific direction.
The following are the things that you need to make sure before buying miter saws:
- Check the size of the blade: Blades of miter saws come in three sizes, usually. They come in 8 inches, 10 inches, as well as 12 inches. Check which size is the most suitable for you.
- Make sure the brakes are electric: This is important because it can be very dangerous to use such equipment for your woodwork shop. If the saws have electric brakes on them then you can stop the saw easily by applying pressure on the brakes. This can save you from harming yourself if things go bad.
- Check if it has good amps: Before buying miter saws, check if it has a higher amp range which can help you to do more cutting with more power.
- Check if the display is digital: This can be very beneficial for you as it can be extremely easy to check the miter’s settings and bevel settings while working.
- See if it has a laser for precision: If it has a laser, it can help you get the right pre
cision for your woodwork by putting a laser on the specific object. This can increase accuracy by ten folds.
- See if it has dust blowing feature: This feature can help you keep your woodwork shop clean and tidy. It will blow away the dust that comes during the cutting process.
- Check if it can be extended: This is extremely useful as sometimes a longer cut is required in some projects. Therefore, check if it can have an extension to it.
Therefore, get a Miter Sawfor your woodwork shop after making sure it has the above-mentioned features.